Modernizing Legacy Systems for Intelligence at the Edge
The demand for more intelligence at the edge while supporting legacy applications requires industries to adapt quickly to modern software and cloud deployment practices while maintaining dedicated, long-standing software. To meet these challenges, Helix Platform allows legacy software to remain unchanged while running alongside new applications, and it provides all the benefits of a consistent, scalable, and agile platform across a wide range of edge devices.
Supports Multiple Use Cases
- Highly regulated applications requiring robust time and space partitioning
- Combining multiple workloads without certification requirements
- Mixed criticality: Combining safety-certified with non-certified applications
Leverages Our Industry-Leading RTOS Technology
- Robust time and space partitioning
- Safety-certified functionality
- Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) certification evidence
- Trusted by over 9,000 companies
- Used in over 550 safety certification programs
Supports Multiple OSes
- VxWorks® RTOS
- Wind River Linux
- Open source Linux
- Bare metal
- Any unmodified guest OS
Reduces Cost, Complexity, and Risk
- Support for a wide range of industry standards
- Application consolidation and future-proofing
- Robust partitioning
- Wind River Workbench IDE and Wind River Simics® simulation
- ISO 26262 automotive safety
- IEC 61508 industrial functional safety
- DO-178C airborne system safety
Supports Multiple Architectures
- Arm® and Intel® silicon platforms
- Multi-core hardware support
Market-specific Use Cases
The connected, autonomous, and electric vehicles of today require a new approach to designing and developing the compute systems in cars. Helix Platform provides that approach, allowing you to consolidate all types of functions and different levels of safety criticality into a single platform, today and into the future.
Helix Platform allows avionics system suppliers to consolidate multiple federated systems with both safety-critical and general-purpose applications onto a single safe, secure, and reliable compute platform—and reduces the risks and costs of implementing new capabilities in the future.
At the center of an integrated C4ISR system are cutting-edge virtualization technologies, processors, and sensors that seamlessly integrate connectivity, smart situational awareness, and enhanced decision making for the connected warfighter. Helix Platform provides a single compute platform for the necessary software interoperability, coupled with robust cybersecurity capabilities.
Helix Platform brings new intelligence to equipment manufacturing, energy, transportation, and more. Its virtualization technology enables consolidation of applications, data analytics, communication, and operations for industrial systems to deliver Industrial 4.0 capabilities to the edge.
Helix Platform is bringing new intelligence to medical equipment and devices. It provides a single edge compute platform for running multiple applications with mixed levels of criticality, enabling a safe, secure, reliable, and updatable system for innovative, cost-effective healthcare.