Proliferating security exploitations make monitoring and managing CVEs a top priority for Linux platform builders. Automated scanning tuned for complex embedded software systems helps developers quickly identify high-risk vulnerabilities, build higher-quality code, and accelerate time-to-deployment.
- Our security scanning service uses your SBOM or manifest to identify critical Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs). The results allow us to provide a deeper analysis to determine the impact and effort to mitigate.
- We use a curated collection of data sources, including the Yocto Project, NIST, and other public sources, as well as the Wind River® database of CVEs.
- We analyze specific platform layers, including hardware, kernel, user space, libraries, and other system components. All vulnerabilities are ranked according to the CVSS v3 scoring system and are presented in a graphical and easy-to-read format.
10 CVE SCANNER MUST-HAVES FOR SECURITY SUCCESSView Webinar »
A real-time snapshot of code health
What We Deliver
SECURITY SCAN AND CVE IDENTIFICATION
We scan your SBOM or manifest using our professional-grade scanner and compare it to an extensive database to accurately identify critical vulnerabilities. Our engineers then provide a deep analysis of results and the impact on your platform.
- Security vulnerability scan of your Linux platform comprising the kernel, BSP, packages, and shared user libraries
- Access to our curated knowledge base of vulnerabilities built from public sources such as NIST, the Yocto Project, and the MITRE database of CVEs
- Detailed security report of all the CVEs that have been identified against your Linux platform code
CVE MITIGATION PLAN
We work with you to build a mitigation plan to address high-risk CVEs. Our team of experts actively engage with you to rapidly identify and prioritize CVEs based on the severity and the exploitability of each vulnerability identified.
- Prioritization of existing CVEs based on their severity and impact
- Assessment of the time and effort needed to make your Linux platform secure
- Path to mitigation and remediation
Alleviating Technical Debt
The exponential increase in security vulnerabilities is one of the leading causes of unexpected technical debt. As development teams push to add new features and get to market faster, CVEs often go unaddressed until late in the development lifecycle, impacting quality and overall project success.
Try our calculator to see how planning for security across the lifecycle can help alleviate technical debt.Try the Calculator
Wind River Studio Linux Services: Lifecycle Security
Securing your embedded Linux platform is a full lifecycle activity. New CVEs are identified every day, requiring significant investments in engineering resources to actively monitor and address vulnerabilities as they emerge. Wind River provides ongoing monitoring, mitigation, and management of CVEs for your embedded Linux platform throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle. Our team of security experts will take care of the mundane while your engineers focus on innovation.