Wind River® Linux enables you to build and deploy robust, reliable, and secure Linux-based embedded devices and systems, without the risk and development effort associated with roll-your-own (RYO) in-house efforts. Let Wind River keep your code base up-to-date, track and fix defects, apply security patches, customize your runtime to adhere to strict market specifications and certifications, facilitate your IP and export compliance, and significantly reduce your costs.
- Build and deploy robust, reliable, and secure Linux-based edge devices and systems without the risk and development effort associated with roll-your-own (RYO) in-house efforts.
- Accelerate time-to-market, reduce total cost of ownership, and unlock the full potential of open software for embedded systems.
- Take advantage of freedom from royalties or subscriptions on deployed devices.
- Work with completely open source and Yocto Project–compatible tools.
- Take advantage of purpose-built Linux that is configurable for small disk and memory size, real time (preempt_rt), and high availability.
- Avoid liability and compliance issues with full content, copyright, and licensing information on all Wind River packages.
WIND RIVER CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Wind River Linux is backed by our award-winning global support organization offering live help in multiple time zones. For more information, visit www.windriver.com/support.
WIND RIVER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
Our CMMI Level 3–rated services organization offers BSP development, secure boot services, solution assessment, consulting, design, certification services, and more.
For more information, visit www.windriver.com/services.
WIND RIVER EDUCATION SERVICES
Wind River offers technical, hands-on training, mentoring, and on-demand learning. For more information, visit www.windriver.com/education.
Industry-Leading Embedded Linux
- Extreme customization for building a complete embedded solution, including the Linux OS and your application
- Five-year standard support and maintenance with optional long-term support after the first five years
- Continuous monitoring and fixes for all common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) affecting the product
- Comprehensive hardware support across a variety of architectures via board support packages (BSPs)
- Optional cloud-native tools for the development, deployment, operations, and servicing of intelligent edge systems
- Single and multi-core processor support and symmetric multiprocessing (SMP)
- Support for more than 30 different reference boards, in alignment with semiconductor vendors’ SDKs
- Based on Yocto Project 3.3 and the 5.10 LTS Linux kernel
- Available as Yocto Project–based source or as pre-built binary images
- Flexibility to configure and update custom Linux images with Linux Assembly Tool and OSTree
- Full support for Docker containers
- Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) compliant
- Curated user space packages focused on embedded use cases
- FOSS compliance artifacts for software bill of materials (SBOM), with Open Chain 2.1 compliance
- ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard certified
- Wide range of Professional Services capabilities including BSP creation, frozen tree support, and managed services
Multiple Development Options
- Long Term Support (LTS) with regular maintenance and CVE fixes
- Continuous delivery (CD) provides the latest technology from the Yocto Project and is available to LTS 21 customers
- Binary distribution with the Linux Assembly Tool (LAT) and OSTree for quicker time-to-value
- No deployed unit-based royalties
- Project-based pricing — only pay for what you need
- Options to add additional releases and BSPs
- Secure boot (digitally signed image)
- Continuous CVE monitoring and mitigation
- Standard Linux security features: SElinux and PAM
- Optional integration with Wind River Titanium Security Suite
DevOps Development Process
- 3,000 builds daily
- More than 60,000 test cases
- All sprint releases GA tested
- CVE monitoring and mitigation
Wind River Studio
- Cloud-native platform for the development, deployment, operations, and servicing of mission-critical intelligent edge systems
- Architected to deliver digital scale across the full lifecycle through a single pane of glass to accelerate transformative business outcomes
- DevSecOps environment for builds to thrive on the intelligent edge
- Multiple parallel workflows with CI/CD
- Web-based interface for collaborative best practicess
Wind River Titanium Security Suite
- Simplifies mandatory access control
- Denies by default access to protected entities even from root-level users
- Controls and restricts direct access to system hardware resources, such as peripherals and storage devices
- Enables OS hardening and attack surface reduction
- Prevents unsigned module loading and enforces keychain controls
- Limits an attacker’s ability to debug or subvert protected applications and their libraries
- Removes unnecessary kernel functionality and features