Wind River Presents Keynote at Multicore Developers Conference
ALAMEDA, Calif. â€“ May 15, 2013 â€“ Wind RiverÂ®, a world leader in embedded and mobile software, is a platinum sponsor of the Multicore Developers Conference and will present an industry keynote exploring the impact of multicore software across embedded industry segments. Additionally, Wind River will lead a variety of technical sessions and demonstrations addressing key industry topics such as maximizing the potential of multicore, including the use of full system simulation and consolidation, during the event on May 21â€“22 at the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara, California.
"With the growth of multicore for embedded devices, the industry is increasingly shifting away from traditional processors and their related existing software, which has profoundly altered the software landscape,â€ said Dinyar Dastoor, vice president of product management for operating systems platforms at Wind River. â€œWind River is committed to helping developers maximize their potential through the latest technologies and tackle the complexities of multicore in order to grow opportunities moving forward."
- Industry Keynote: The Emerging Future of Multicore Software: Evolving from Desktop Multicore to Embedded Multicore Software (May 21 at 10:50 a.m., Session ME1050): Presented by Dinyar Dastoor, the session will explore the impact multicore software has across various embedded industry segments, not only boosting compute power, but also opening up new applications and opportunities for the embedded multicore industry.
- Maxing Out Performance of Your Multicore Device (May 22 at 10:45 a.m., Session ME1057): This session investigates how to reap the full potential of multicore platforms by better understanding architecture options and navigating multicore-architecture landmines, as well as clear up industry misconceptions.
- Maximizing the Benefits of Multicore with Multi-OS Architecture (May 22 at 11:45 a.m., Session ME1058): This session examines the details of a multicore system, explores ways to migrate existing designs from several subsystems onto a single SMP-capable hardware unit without redesigning everything, and how to better leverage multicore and multi-OS topologies.
- Wind River VxWorksÂ®: Demonstration of the market-leading real-time operating system (RTOS) running on Freescale QorIQ T4240 hardware as well as on a simulated model of the T4240 via Wind River Simics, a full system simulator.
- Wind River Hypervisor: A Type 1 embedded hypervisor designed for low latency, determinism, and multicore performance that allows for the consolidation of multiple operating systems onto the same processor. The demonstration will run on Intel architecture, hosting multiple guest OSes including VxWorks, Wind River Linux and Windows 7.
Wind River is a board member of The Multicore Association, an industry sponsor of the Multicore Developers Conference, and will be exhibiting at the event. Additional conference details and full show agenda are available at www.multicore-devcon.com/agenda.php?expo_seq=13.
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981 and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, Calif., with offices in more than 20 countries. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or on Facebook.
Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Global Corporate Communications