Top 10 Reasons Why Dell Telecom Infrastructure Blocks Rock
Dell Telecom Infrastructure Blocks featuring Wind River Studio let you deploy your telco cloud with ease.
If the last five years have felt like everything is building up to 5G, you’re not alone. But the truth is, building a 5G network is a pretty big job…or at least it used to be. With the introduction of Dell Technologies Telecom Infrastructure Blocks, we made building 5G solutions easier than ever before. And with our latest release, we’ve made our Telecom Infrastructure Blocks for Wind River faster (thanks to our new PowerEdge 16G servers), simpler to deploy and easier for communications service providers (CSPs) to adopt new technologies to maintain their competitive edge. Our new PowerEdge servers include the latest 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors with vRAN Boost to enhance performance and reduce infrastructure costs.
Normally, this would be the part of the blog where I detail everything we’ve added to the latest version of these Telecom Infrastructure Blocks. But as I thought about it, the real value isn’t what we’ve added to them; it’s what we’ve removed. We’ve removed the design headaches, the delays, the risk and the finger-pointing when things go wrong. In fact, there are at least ten things you won’t have to do anymore thanks to Dell Telecom Infrastructure Blocks.
Say Goodbye to These Top 10 Dirty Tasks
No one would argue that 5G can’t do a lot, from running smart cities to automated factories. But CSPs need to do a lot themselves to get 5G networks to run efficiently and reliably. With Telecom Infrastructure Blocks, we’ve done much of that work for you. So, get ready to say “goodbye” to some of the most onerous aspects of deploying a telco cloud.
- Your engineers don’t have to spend weeks locked up designing and validating your telco cloud. Not that spending time with engineers isn’t fun (at least Dell engineers are fun), but with Infrastructure Blocks you have a workable design right from the beginning that’s aligned to your specific use case. Maybe you could take the engineers out for lunch instead. They’d probably like that.
- You don’t have to manually configure hardware. Getting pre-designed hardware configurations from Dell and your telco cloud partner is nice, but being able to automatically plug those configurations into your hardware with no manual work beyond updating a configuration file and clicking a button is even nicer. You can thank Dell’s Bare Metal Orchestrator for that.
- You don’t have to spend months on design and architecture development for your cloud infrastructure. Telecom Infrastructure Blocks simplify design processes by providing foundational building blocks that simplify the process of designing and scaling out your network. And if that isn’t enough, Dell Services is ready to assist with custom design services optimized to meet your unique network requirements.
- You don’t have to get worked up over integration testing. Sure, you still may want to run a few of your own tests, but you don’t have to run as far with Dell Telecom Infrastructure Blocks. Dell and Wind River get you started with our own integration testing to dramatically speed up the process.
- Your proof of concept is mostly pre-proven. Dell and Wind River have pre-integrated and pre-validated Infrastructure Blocks in our testing labs to ensure they work together smoothly. You’ll still need a PoC for your use case, but it will take significantly less time since we’ve done a lot of the work already.
- You don’t have to pull out your hair during the procurement process. Dell Technologies provides a single procurement contact for your complete cloud stack.
- You don’t have to do the installation and cabling. We can do it for you. We actually like doing that.
- You don’t have to worry about installing cloud software on your hardware. Your Telecom Infrastructure Blocks come with Wind River Studio pre-installed and provide blueprints that enable true zero-touch provisioning to bring your cloud platform to a workload-ready state.
- You don’t have to create reams of detailed documentation. We streamline documentation processes by providing pre-integrated building blocks and automating configuration processes to align with golden configuration requirements.
- We simplify lifecycle management. By delivering regular releases of packaged cloud updates, you don’t have to go through extensive validation testing whenever there is a new release or update to a component in the cloud stack.
- You don’t have to worry about support if something ever goes wrong. Dell’s unified support model that meets telecom SLAs means only one finger to point should any issues arise. (Okay, that is 11, but you get the point.)
What you can say “hello” to is a reliable and comprehensive solution for your telco cloud – one that makes it possible to compete more effectively in today’s always-connected world. After all, any solution that can help accelerate your ability to adopt new technologies with ease, efficiency, speed and confidence will be essential for developing new services and achieving your long-term goals.
Oh, and one more thing you don’t have to do – read this blog post anymore. Although, if you choose Dell Telecom Infrastructure Blocks for Wind River, you will have a lot more time on your hands. You might even have time to read the new ACG Research report on the business impact of Dell Telecom Infrastructure Blocks (hint, hint).
Visiting Mobile World Congress in Las Vegas this September? Meet us there and ask for a demonstration of Telecom Infrastructure Blocks featuring Wind River Studio.
*Blog post originally published at the Dell blog.
About the author
Andrew is responsible for the Telecom Systems Business product management at Dell Technologies. In his current role, Andrew oversees the overall strategy, prioritization, and development of products and solutions for the Telecom/Network Operations market. Andrew has more than twenty years of product management and leadership experience in the technology and telecom industries, previously serving as Vice President of Product.