The World Is Evolving Rapidly With 5G
THE WORLD IS RAPIDLY EVOLVING WITH 5G
- Service providers are expected to invest over $500B worldwide in 5G network infrastructure by 2025. (GSMA)
- 80% of all data will be computed, near latency free, on the edge by 2025. (Gartner)
- COVID-19 has pushed over 70% of telco 5G projects onto a fast development and deployment track. (Wind River)
- 5G will add 8M+ towers globally.
THIS MEANS 3 SIMPLE TRUTHS
- Service providers need to handle complexity of volume, optimization, and OPEX controls. Service providers want to accelerate. Transformational technologies are needed.
- 5G networks will be distributed across thousands if not millions of nodes. Complexity is inevitable.
- Service providers need to handle complexity of volume, optimization, and OPEX controls.
WHY WIND RIVER
Verizon's 5G edge network runs on Wind River Studio and other service providers will follow.
WIND RIVER STUDIO
Cloud Platform provides a production-grade Kubernetes platform for managing a distributed edge cloud infrastructure.
Analytics makes it possible to effectively manage a distributed cloud system by consuming and processing the data to produce meaningful insights for decision-making.
Conductor provides one platform to achieve complete end-to-end automation to scale from a handful to thousands of nodes in a geographically dispersed distributed environment.