THE WORLD IS EVOLVING RAPIDLY WITH 5G
- Service providers are expected to invest over $900M worldwide in 5G network infrastructure in the next 5 years. (GSMA)
- 80% of all data will be computed, near latency free, on the edge by 2025. (Gartner)
- Covid-19 has pushed over 70% of telco 5G projects onto a fast development and deployment track. (Wind River)
- 5G will add 8M+ towers globally.
THIS MEANS 3 SIMPLE TRUTHS
- Service providers need to handle complexity of volume, optimization, and OPEX controls. Service providers want to accelerate. Transformational technologies are needed.
- 5G networks will be distributed across thousands if not millions of nodes. Complexity is inevitable.
- Service providers need to handle complexity of volume, optimization, and OPEX controls.
WHY WIND RIVER
A large portion of the U.S. 5G network (Verizon) will run on Wind River® Cloud Platform, and we expect other service providers to follow.
WIND RIVER ANALYTICS makes it possible to effectively manage a distributed cloud system by consuming and processing the data to produce meaningful insights for decision-making.