Wind River Advances Device Software Optimization; Announces New Vertical Industry Offerings, Foundational Technologies and Expanded Partnerships at Annual Worldwide User Conference
- Redefines VxWorks- and Linux-based device development with announcement of new and enhanced products
- Announces comprehensive services practices tailored to meet specific vertical market needs
- Hardware and software partners evangelize the benefits of Wind River solutions as a way to address industry shift toward standardized, optimized device development
ALAMEDA, Calif. and ORLANDO, Fla. — May 23, 2005 — Extending its commitment to the shift toward open standards and optimized solutions for software development, Wind River Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:WIND), the global leader in Device Software Optimization (DSO) today unveiled its strategy to deliver high-value solutions that developers across the full product lifecycle can use to create optimized, industry-specific devices. With a complete range of product, service and partner announcements coming from the company’s annual Worldwide User Conference in Orlando, Wind River addressed the radical shift that is taking place across all device industries wherein customers are increasingly demanding integrated, enterprise-wide development solutions that help manufacturers make reliable software-driven products faster, better and at a lower cost.
“Because companies are under increasing pressure to build more intelligent and connected devices, it is a fundamental requirement that device software be developed more quickly and efficiently, with more reliability, while controlling cost,” said Theresa Lanowitz, research director, Gartner. “DSO offers a complete integrated development environment and the ability to commercialize market-specific middleware.”
Wind River today unveiled its largest technology initiative of the year, setting the industry standard for device software development offerings.
- Wind River Workbench Delivers Industry’s Most Advanced Device Software Optimization Development Suite: Responding to demand from developers for tailored environments that address specific needs along the device development lifecycle, Wind River today announced the industry’s first suite of Workbench-based development products designed to span the entire DSO lifecycle. To see today’s release, please visit: http://www.windriver.com/news/press/pr.html?ID=2187
- Wind River Raises the Bar in Linux Device Software Development; Introduces New Products, Services and Partnerships to Speed Linux Adoption in the Device Software Optimization Market: Furthering its lead in providing reliable, cost-effective technology platforms for Linux devices, Wind River today announced a complete range of Linux solutions designed to meet the needs of Linux application developers as well as Linux platform developers. To see today’s release, please visit: http://www.windriver.com/news/press/pr.html?ID=2185
- Wind River VxWorks 6.1 Delivers Unprecedented Interoperability and Compatibility Across Software Platforms and Hardware Architectures: Wind River today announced VxWorks 6.1, the newest version of the world’s leading real-time operating system for device software, furthering Wind River’s already substantial lead in the evolution of next generation device development. To see today’s release, please visit: http://www.windriver.com/news/press/pr.html?ID=2186
- Wind River Transforms Consumer Device Industry; Announces Comprehensive Suite of Products and Service Offerings, Expanded Partner Ecosystem and Reference Design Systems: Fighting the battle of rising complexity in consumer devices, Wind River today announced that it is transforming the consumer device industry by providing the market with industry-shaping product, partner and services news for consumer device manufacturers. To see today’s release, please visit: http://www.windriver.com/news/press/pr.html?ID=2184
As a trusted long-term partner, Wind River now offers its customers market-specific Device Services Practices specifically tuned to help manufacturers meet the challenges that are unique to vertical industries. Building on its launch of the Automotive Devices Services Practice earlier this month, Wind River today announced the Consumer Devices Services Practice and tailored services solutions across Wind River’s product line. Unlike any other DSO solutions provider, Wind River boasts more than 175 consultants dispersed in field locations around the world and in design centers located in San Diego, Ottawa, Munich and Grenoble. These consultants provide customers with a global support system plus full access to Wind River’s 500 engineering and customer support resources. Over Wind River’s long-standing legacy as a trusted consultant, it has provided tailored services to leading customers around the world.
Wind River's ecosystem of Platform Partners, the most extensive program in the industry, pre-integrates and validates the best silicon and software products with Wind River’s leading platforms. Multiple companies announced expanded partnerships with Wind River during the Worldwide User Conference, enhancing the DSO ecosystem to include a wider range of leading software and hardware suppliers to put best-of-breed device development solutions and services at customers’ fingertips. Additionally, Wind River and key ecosystem partners announced plans to provide market-specific reference designs, to bring solid platforms for both hardware and software engineers to use in evaluating and prototyping designs that closely parallel final applications. The reference designs will reduce development time and accelerate time to market across industries, and will be on display to show DSO in action at the conference. For details on Wind River and partner news made today, please visit:
- MIPS Technologies Names Wind River as its Premier Device Software Optimization Solution Provider: http://www.mips.com/content/PressRoom/PressReleases/press_releases?year=2005
- Wind River Extends Development Suite Support To Express Logic’s Popular ThreadX Real-Time Operating System: http://www.rtos.com/newsdetail.asp?PRID=91
- Wind River and Wipro Technologies Announce Strategic Alliance to Provide Best-in-Class Device Software Technology and Services: http://www.wipro.com/newsroom/index.htm
- ENCIRQ and Wind River Partner to Deliver on Device Software Optimization: http://www.encirq.com/pdfs/ENCIRQ_WindRiver.pdf
"Device Software Optimization has liberated companies from the time consuming development processes of old,” said John Bruggeman, chief marketing officer, Wind River. “The market for optimized software development called, Wind River answered, and countless customers worldwide are now innovating faster and cutting costs dramatically by relying on our technologies, tailored services and unmatched partner relationships.”
About Wind River
Wind River is the global leader in device software optimization (DSO). Wind River enables companies to develop and run device software faster, better, at a lower cost and more reliably. Wind River Platforms are pre-integrated, fully standardized enterprise-wide development solutions. They reduce effort, cost and risk, and optimize quality and reliability at all phases of the device software development process from concept to deployed product.
Founded in 1981, Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, California, with operations worldwide. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or call Wind River at 1-800-872-4977.
Forward-Looking Safe Harbor Statement
Certain statements in this press release including, but not limited to, the anticipated release and benefits of new products, services and reference designs by Wind River and resulting from collaboration with partners, are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause results to be materially different than expectations. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, delays in the development or integration of technologies, rapid technological or business changes that adversely affect customer demand or partner strategies, and other risks detailed from time to time in the Wind River reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its Form 10-K for the year ended January 31, 2005. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Wind River disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
The Wind River logo is a trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc., and Wind River and VxWorks are registered trademarks of Wind River Systems, Inc. Other marks used herein are the property of the respective owners.
Global Corporate Communications