Wind River Named Transformational Vendor for Embedded Testing Portfolio
- Wind River earns â€˜Transformationalâ€™ rating in voke 2012 Market Mover Arrayâ„¢ Report for Testing Platforms.
- Wind River demonstrates continued leadership for its testing portfolio, which addresses the entire testing lifecycle.
- Companyâ€™s testing portfolio includes solutions for VxWorks, Linux and Android.
The report examines the current and future state of the software testing market and offers an analysis of the vendors in the space. Specifically, it highlights eight key factors that are driving innovation in the testing market, including mobility, the cloud, embedded software, development testing, infrastructure test optimization and lifecycle virtualization.
â€œThe increased volume of software, greater complexity and security concerns, as well as shrinking test cycle times have all made automation a necessity in software testing,â€ said Theresa Lanowitz, founder of voke, inc. â€œWind River is setting the tone in the market for the future of testing in device software.â€
The analysis was based on Wind Riverâ€™s embedded testing solutions for the entire testing lifecycle, which includes solutions for Wind Riverâ€™s VxWorksÂ® real-time operating system, Linux and Android. The companyâ€™s testing portfolio comprises:
- Wind River Test Management â€“ an automated software testing framework that identifies high-risk segments in production code, enabling change-based, optimized testing, using real-time instrumentation of devices under test.
- Wind River Framework for Automated Software Testing (FAST) â€“ a comprehensive test environment that includes the full Android Compatibility Test Suite (CTS), open source tests, and Wind Riverâ€“authored tests.
- Wind River User Experience Test Development (UXTDK) â€“ a user experience testâ€“authoring environment for complex Android software implementation.
"We are honored to be recognized for delivering embedded testing solutions that are having a significant and positive impact on our industry,â€ said Ido Sarig, vice president of product marketing at Wind River. â€œWind Riverâ€™s testing portfolio solves the problem of time by giving testing teams a tool to thoroughly test the increased volume of complex software in embedded devices, and helps improve software quality and stability to verify compliance for any Android-based device.â€
Wind River has a unique advantage within the embedded industry with its comprehensive software portfolio, which comprises run-time technologies including VxWorks, Wind River Linux and Wind River Android solutions, development tools, embedded testing solutions, and virtual systems development as well as a wide range of proven industry-specific software solutions, combined with global professional services and support.
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981 and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, Calif., with offices in more than 20 countries. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or on Facebook.
Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Global Corporate Communications