Enterprise server and computing technologies were not designed for the rigorous demands of the carrier network. Wind River Titanium Server solves that problem.
Wind River built Titanium Server to support the intensive performance, reliability, and security requirements of the world’s most demanding computing and communications networks.
Titanium Server is suited to a wide variety of virtualized network functions (VNFs), including:
- Virtual EPC
- Virtual packet inspection
- Content delivery systems
- Virtual gateways
- Carrier grade availability and reliability throughout the software stack
- 99.9999% uptime guaranteed
- Less than 30 seconds of annual downtime
- Fast, secure virtual machine (VM) failover (50–100x faster than IT virtualization)
- Improved security with VM protection groups—not available in IT solutions
- Dramatically lower costs and radically improved performance over enterprise-grade networks
- 40X better interrupt and time latency
- More than 50% less expensive than typical IT solutions
- Live migration with less than 500 milliseconds
- Standards-based, open source Yocto Project Linux at the core
- Built from OpenStack with carrier grade plugins
- Open APIs for provisioning and management
- Enabling thousands of virtual machines
- Intelligence when and where you need it
- Built-in packet acceleration across VMs
- Flexible options for implementing deep packet inspection
- Efficient traffic shaping and management of VMs
- Validated hardware and software for rapid deployment
- Runs on standard off-the-shelf servers from leading suppliers
- Validated with multiple existing VNFs
- Open and flexible environment to enable third-party software
Did You Know?
“Six nines” (99.9999%) of network availability ensures less than 30 seconds of downtime a year.
Titanium Server includes the critical run-time components and lifecycle development tools, services, and developer support needed to successfully build and deploy a virtualized network running multiple VNs.
- TL 9000 design methodology to guarantee six nines reliability
- Full 10 G line rate accelerated virtual switching running unmodified guest applications
- 10 µs deterministic interrupt latency to support virtualization in the most stringent customer-provided equipment (CPE) and access sections of the network
- Accelerated live VM migration, including the “share nothing” model—40% faster than enterprise software
- 500 km geographical redundancy over a standard IP network; more over dedicated fiber
- Detection of failed controllers, hosts, or VMs 60x faster than enterprise Linux; automatic recovery, with no single point of failure
- Fully integrated telecom-grade security, including complete AAA access control
- Involvement in trials with the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and other standards bodies