NP2G Network Processor (2)
Deep Packet Processor for 2Gb/sec./OC-12 Networking Equipment
- Advanced frame processing on a single chip
- Runs complex applications at high frame rates
- Programming environment and architecture consistent with NP4GS3
- Allows for extensive design/development sharing with NP4GS3
Based on the award-winning NP4GS3, the IBM PowerNP NP2G Network Processor is the newest member of the PowerNP family. The NP2G is the highest performing network processor in its class, achieving up to 5.6Mpps (packets per second) of throughput. The NP2G implements copper interconnect technology and integrates a switching engine, search engine, frame processors, and multiplexed MACS. The PowerNP NP2G is designed to fit a broad spectrum of networking applications such as security, enhanced quality of service, voice over IP, load balancing, and encryption in networking equipment such as base stations, access routers, firewalls, and servers. IBM also offers a rich suite of hardware and software enablement tools and services to help reduce time to market.
The NP2G enables product differentiation through the combination of specific features for layers 2 through 7 networking applications, including:
* 12 programmable picoprocessors providing 1596MIPS aggregate processing capability
* 20 fast Ethernet or 2Gb MACS with SMII, GMII, and 8B/10B interfaces supporting industry-standard PHY components
* Two OC-12 and eight OC-3 integrated packet-over-Sonet (POS) interfaces supporting industry-standard POS framers
* One gigabit Ethernet or OC-12 POS interface for use as an uplink connection to a switch fabric or external coprocessor interface
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.