PowerSpan II (2401)
Proven, Multi-port PCI Bus Switch
Processor Support Direct connect interface for embedded processors: Motorola: MPC825x, MPC826x, MPC7xx, MPC7400 PowerPC: PowerPC 7xx, PowerPC 7400 Wintegra WinPathTM 25 to 100 MHz bus frequency Programmable endian conversion Integrated processor bus arbiter MPC8260 extended cycle support
- Dual PCI variant: 32-bit/66 MHz and 64-bit/66 MHz PCI interfaces
- Single PCI variant: 64-bit/66 MHz PCI interface
- Integrated, non-transparent PCI-to-PCI bridge in the Dual PCI PowerSpan II
- PCI arbiters on each PCI interface
- CompactPCI Hot Swap Friendly
- PCI 2.2 Specification compliant
- Intelligent I/O (I2O) Messaging Unit
The Tundra Semiconductor PowerSpan II is a Multi-port PCI Bus Switch that bridges PCI to the PowerQUICC II (MPC8260), MPC7xx, PowerPCTM 7xx, and the Wintegra WinPathTM processors. PowerSpan II is available in either a single PCI or dual PCI variant. PowerSpan II defines a new level of PCI bus switch flexibility.
The integrated, non-transparent PCI-to-PCI bridge in the Dual PCI PowerSpan II provides a significant opportunity for designers to reduce component count and increase overall system performance.
PowerSpan II offers a flexible package design. The design is available in both the original PowerSpan package dimensions and newly designed, smaller packages.
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.