Wind River Accelerates Development for Samsung Android Smartphones
- Wind River’s testing software helps Samsung manage complexities of Android software testing and accelerate delivery of high-quality devices to market.
- Wind River is also working with additional device manufacturers on Android-based smartphones, joining Samsung and others such as Clarion, Fujitsu, Leadcore and Renesas as recent customer wins.
- Wind River can deliver Android expertise and technologies for a wide range of Android implementations.
ALAMEDA, Calif. — Feb. 21, 2012 — Wind River, a world leader in embedded and mobile software, announced Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is using Wind River’s Android testing software and expertise to speed its smartphone development and test for Android software quality, performance and compliance.
“The sophistication of today’s Android devices creates a highly complicated validation process. Ensuring that the interactions between the device and the myriad of applications work smoothly requires extensive testing,” said Michael Krutz, senior vice president of worldwide solutions and services at Wind River. “Wind River’s Android testing software significantly streamlines and automates the software validation process so that customers can deliver their devices to market on time and on budget.”
Wind River Framework for Automated Software Testing (FAST) for Android and Wind River User Experience Test Development Kit are currently in use to rapidly and efficiently test Android software for Samsung smartphones. A global leader in high-tech electronics and digital media, Samsung Electronics is a top smartphone manufacturer worldwide.
Also, Wind River recently announced additional global mobile device manufacturers are using Wind River’s Android testing software in the development of its Android-based smartphones.
Over the past year, Wind River has continued to grow Android customers, including work with Fujitsu, to test the software for its Android devices, and Leadcore Technology Co. Ltd., to develop an Android system-on-chip (SoC) smartphone platform, as well as Renesas Electronics, to test SoC platforms targeted for Android smartphones and consumer products. Beyond the mobile industry, Wind River has collaborated on embedded Android projects such as Android-based in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems with Clarion, a leading manufacturer of high-performance in-car entertainment systems.
Wind River delivers Android expertise and technologies that include the following:
- Wind River Solution Accelerators for Android: Specialized software modules helping developers jump-start device development and quickly integrate compelling features
- Wind River FAST for Android: Automated software testing framework for any Android-based device
- Wind River User Experience Development Kit: A kit designed for validating the device user experience by reproducing human interactions to test user interfaces
- Wind River Platform for Android: Commercial off-the-shelf implementation of the Android operating system for rapid device development
- Support and services, including customization, optimization and software integration
Wind River is showcasing its latest Android demonstrations at the Wind River booth in Hall 2, booth 2A17 at Mobile World Congress 2012. Separately, networking technologies will be on display at the Wind River booth as well. To learn more about Wind River at Mobile World Congress, visit http://www.windriver.com/announces/mwc-2012/.
For additional details about Wind River Android technologies, visit http://www.windriver.com/products/mobile/.
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded and mobile software. Wind River has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981, and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River is headquartered in Alameda, Calif., with offices in 20 countries. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com or on Facebook.
Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Director, Global Communications