ACS-5190 (PC/104 90 Watt Power Supply) (961)
PC/104 Embedded Power Supply, 90 Watt, Quad Output, Extended Temp
• Power Output: Up to 90 Watts (+5 VDC @ 18 Amp, +12 VDC @ 2.5 Amp, -5 and -12 VDC@ 500 mA)
• Power Input: 9 to 60 Volts DC
• Efficiency: Up to 90% (85% typical)
• Battery Charging Circuit: For Nickel-Metal Hydride (NiMH) Rechargeable Cells (15-17 VDC Required; 5 Hour Charge)
• LED Indication: Output voltage and battery charger status indicators
• Input Protection: for diode polarity reversal, over-current, and transients
• Input Connectors: Auxilliary Screw Clamps, Barrel Jack Connector
• Output Protection: +5VDC output is protected against over-voltage and over-current.
• Application Compatibility: Operates from Standard Vehicle or Aircraft Power Sources
• Other Features: External Voltage Input Monitoring, Intelligent Shutdown Capability, Local Temperature Read
• Temperature Monitoring: Measurement in 0.5°C Increments from -55°C to +125°C
The ACS-5190 (aka OnPower 90) is a 90-watt, highly efficient DC-to-DC conversion board designed for PC/104, PC/104-Plus, and EBX embedded computers. Intelligently designed with a wide input voltage range (9-60 volts), four standard voltages outputs (±5, ±12 VDC), and a high current capacity (18 Amp continuous), the OnPower 90 serves as an ideal power supply for vehicle, aircraft and telecommunications applications.
It comes equipped with various intelligent power management features, including an digital temperature sensor, battery charging circuit, and A/D converter, to perform 12-bit external voltage input and local temperature monitoring, as well as intelligent shutdown and backup capabilities.
Up to 90-percent efficient, this modular power supply brings all voltages to the PC/104 (ISA) bus for usage. Input voltage is supplied to the board through either its removable screw clamp or barrel jack connector, which are protected against diode polarity reversal, over-current, and transients. The +5VDC output is also protected against over-voltage and over-current. Its mezzanine PCB provides negative voltages and battery charging (for Nickel-Metal Hydride rechargeable cells). Five LEDs on the board indicate the output status of all four voltages and battery charger.
This product is extended temperature rated (-40°C and +85°C) for ruggedized applications. With circulated air applied, it can deliver 90 watts (5VDC@18A) of continuous power between -40°C and +70°C. At +85°C the board derates to 75 watts (5VDC@15A). PC/104 Fan Cards can be used in concert with the ACS-5190 to circulate air within a PC/104 enclosure.
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.