Cantata++ - Automated Unit and Integration Testing (IPL Software Products Limited)
Unit and Integration testing for C/C++
Cantata++ has been designed around the requirements of the C/C++ languages to produce a tool which allows developers to efficiently perform unit and integration testing. The product offers high productivity and a unique set of testing, coverage analysis and static analysis features. Major features:
- Unit and Integration testing on both host and target platforms
- Integrated Coverage Analysis with statement, decision, MC/DC, entry point and call-return metrics
- Scaleable C/C++ support for ANSI C, ISO C++ and EC++
- Wizard-driven test preparation
- Advanced graphical results and reports
- Object Oriented testing fully supported
- Stubbing to simulate external interfaces
- Wrapping to control external interfaces to real objects
- Static Analysis of code complexity and quality
- Fully integrated with VxWorks and Tornado
- Supports GCC and Wind River (formerly Diab) compilers
Unit and Integration Testing
Wizard-driven Test Script generation step-by-step facilities for creating a complete test driver environment.
- Flexible Test Build/Run from inside Cantata++ or via developer's compiler IDE.
- Cross-Platform Execution of tests from development environment to target.
- Intuitive Test Directives for quickly developing structured repeatable tests yielding clear and unambiguous results.
- Checks for all standard and user-defined data types.
- Exception verification to check for expected and unexpected exceptions.
- White Box and Black Box testing techniques are fully supported.
- Stubbing - programmable versions of external software, with call sequence validation.
- Automated Wrapping provides full control over external interfaces, allowing use of real external objects in integration testing.
- Test Case Re-use for inherited classes and template instantiation.
- Project Level Tree View of test pass/fail results with drill-down for easy navigation to individual tests.
- Detailed Test Diagnostics for all checks of expected against actual results.
- Printable Coverage Listings of tested / untested source code.
- Configurable XML reports with summary and full test details
Provides objective measurement of how effective dynamic testing has been in executing the source code.
Code Coverage Metrics:
- Entry points
- Call Returns
- Statements and Basic Blocks
- Decisions (branches)
- MC/DC (DO-178B Level A)
- Coverage Checks are integrated into dynamic tests resulting in Pass/Fail/Warnings.
- Configurable Coverage requirements are easily defined in simple rule-sets, and viewed graphically.
- Customised Filtering - coverage can be viewed by test case (for test case optimisation).
- Context Coverage Cantata++ is aware of the context in which code has been covered - inheritance and user defined contexts may be used (States, Threads).
- Relational Operator coverage of equality / inequality operators for Equivalence Partitioning.
Supports over 300 source code metrics, to help enforce code quality standards.
- Procedural Metrics including code lines, comments, functions, and counts of most code constructs.
- Structural complexity metrics: Myers McCabe, Halstead, and Hansen sets.
- OO Metrics including MOOSE, MOOD, QMOOD, Robert Martin's, McCabe OO and Bansiya's class entropy sets.
- Metrics Reports in .csv format can be imported into spreadsheets for graphical and numerical analysis.
Cantata++ has been integrated with many other leading development tools.
- Compiler IDEs (including Tornado) to build and execute tests, minimising the product.s learning curve. Full access is also available via the command line.
- Simulators / Emulators (including VxWorks Simulators) for embedded target testing.
- Debuggers allowing tests to run in debug or release modes.
- UML Modelling tools, supporting model-driven testing.
- Project Management tools such as configuration management, and requirements traceability.
- Code Analysis tools such as object code execution profilers and memory leak detectors (such as the Scope tools)
Cantata++ is available for most ANSI C and ISO C++ and EC++ compilers in native and embedded target platforms environments.
This includes VxWorks v5.4 upwards, Tornado v2.02 upwards, and Wind River (formerly Diab) compiler 4.3 upwards.
IPL Software Products Limited · Premium Software Partner
Bath, Avon BA1 5LR
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.