Parasoft® C++test™ (Parasoft Embedded)
Parasoft C++test – Comprehensive Code Quality Tools for Wind River® Workbench
Parasoft® C++test™ is an integrated solution for automating a broad range of best practices proven to improve software development team productivity and software quality for C and C++. C++test facilitates: - Automate Code Analysis for Monitoring Compliance - Runtime Bugs Identification without Executing Software - Streamline Code Review - Application Monitoring for Memory Problems - Unit and Integration Test with Coverage Analysis - Automated Regression Testing - Configurable Detailed Reporting - Efficient Team Deployment - Test on the Host, Simulator, and Target
As the software components in embedded systems are becoming increasingly critical, the attention to quality in embedded software increases across the board. Long-standing quality strategies such as testing with a debugger are no longer efficient or sufficient. To further complicate matters, many developers cannot readily run a test program in the actual deployment environment because they lack access to the final system hardware. To address these challenges, code quality needs to be realized throughout the development lifecycle—using a synergy of time-proven techniques for early defect prevention, assisted by automation for implementation and monitoring.
C++test from Parasoft Embedded enables teams to produce better code for embedded systems, test it more efficiently, and consistently monitor progress towards their quality goals. With C++test, critical time-proven best practices—such as static analysis, comprehensive code review, and unit and component testing with integrated coverage analysis—are enabled on the developer’s desktop, early in the development cycle. A command line interface enables fully automated execution within regression and continuous integration environments, providing data for monitoring and analyzing quality trends.
For highly quality-sensitive industries, such as avionics, medical, automobile, transportation, and industrial automation, the addition of Parasoft’s Web-based audit and reporting system, with interactive Web-based dashboards and drill-down capability powered by a SQL database, enables an efficient and auditable quality process with complete visibility into compliance efforts.
C++test Wind River Workbench Integration
The C++test plugin for Wind River® Workbench provides Workbench users easy access to C++test’s full code analysis, code review, and unit testing capabilities directly within their IDE. This seamless integration enables testing and verification to become a natural and continuous part of the development process. The complete target-based test execution flow, including test case generation, crosscompilation, deployment, execution, and loading results back into the GUI, can be automated within C++test. C++test leverages Wind River CDT to provide contextsensitive pop-up menus and views.
C++test is available as a plug in for Wind River Workbench 2.6 and 3.0 IDEs and supports both VxWorks® and Wind River Linux RTOS. In addition, a standalone C++test installation provides built-in support for import and analysis of Tornado®projects. C++test is available for Windows, Linux, and Solaris host platforms.
- Increase team development productivity — Apply a comprehensive set of best practices that reduce testing time, testing effort, and the number of defects that reach QA.
- Achieve more with existing development resources — Automatically vet known coding issues so more time can be dedicated to tasks that require human intelligence.
- Build on the code base with confidence — Efficiently construct, continuously execute, and maintain a comprehensive regression test suite that detects whether updates break existing functionality.
- Gain instant visibility into C and C++ code quality and readiness — Access on-demand objective code assessments and track progress towards quality and schedule targets.
- Reduce support costs — Automate negative testing on a broad range of potential user paths to uncover problems that might otherwise surface only in “real-world” usage.
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.