With Red Bend, Wind River can guarantee the quality and performance of their infotainment system long after it is installed and running in the car.
Red Bend’s market leading firmware updating (FOTA) solution has been shipped in over 2 billion devices ranging from feature phones, smartphones and tablets to M2M modules, telematics units and in-vehicle infotainment systems.
Red Bend’s delta-update technology enables the software in Wind River integrated infotainment systems to be securely, rapidly and cost-effectively updated over the air with complete reliability. Red Bend’s FOTA solution is agnostic to the underlying operating system – supporting Android, GENIVI, and Linux based systems.
Red Bend’s FOTA solution is also agnostic to the underlying network so that it will always perform the most efficient updates. Furthermore, the implementation of device updates can be transparent to the user by running in the background or with user intervention to inform the driver of the changes and options.
Key benefits include:
• Convenient consumer experience that reduces visits to the dealership and results in lower costs
• Significant performance improvement for faster download and end-to-end re-flashing
• Fail-Safe and easy rollback to ensure 100% completion in the event of power disruption
• De-couple the download process from flashing process to reduce system down-time
• Enhanced security and validation to verify that the image has not been tampered with.
With these advanced features, Wind River and Red Bend’s FOTA solution enables customers to keep their infotainment systems up-to-date with the latest software improvements and features at anytime, anywhere.
Joint Value Proposition
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.
All form fields are required.
We will respond to you promptly.