XVB602 (GE Intelligent Platforms)
Intel Core i7 based VME Single Board Computer
• Intel® Core i7 Processor up to 2.53 GHz - Integrated two channel DDR3-1067 memory controller with ECC - Up to 4 MB shared cache • Up to 8 GB soldered DDR3 SDRAM with ECC • Mobile Intel QM57 Express chipset • Up to 16 GB CompactFlash • Dual on-board Expansion Sites: - One PCI-X PMC/ x4 PCIe XMC expansion site - One PCI-X PMC expansion site • x8 PCIe board-to-board connector (supports EXP237 Carrier/IO expansion board) • Front IO - 2x Gigabit Ethernet - 4x USB 2.0 ports - 1x VGA - 1x COM port - NOTE: Some Front IO is only available with a single PMC • Rear IO - 4x SATA ports - 1x DVI-I - 4x USB 2.0 ports - 1x COM port - 2x PMC IO - 8x GPIO • Operating System Support for VxWorks®, and Linux® • Single slot 6U VME64 form factor • Compliant to IEEE STD 1101.2-1992 and ANSI/VITA 20-2001, VITA 30.1
The XVB602 Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the highly integrated Core i7 processor platform from Intel. Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual core processing up to 2.53 GHz.
Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM57 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and offboard functions.
Features of the Core i7 processor:
• Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power.
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing
latency to frequently used data
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
• Streaming SIMD extensions 4.1/4.2
The XVB602 offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, one of which is PMC/XMC capable and one of which is PMC only.
The XVB602 provides further customer defined I/O capabilities with the board-toboard connector for the EXP237 XMC/PMC carrier/IO expansion board, which offers customers three additional PCI-X XMC/PMC expansion sites to utilize.
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.