CR12 (GE Intelligent Platforms)
Intel Core i7 Based Rugged CPCI Single Board Computer
• 6U CPCI universal System/Peripheral board • Support for Hot Swap • Intel Core i7 Processor up to 2.53 GHz • Integrated two channel DDR3-1067 memory controller with ECC • Up to 4 MB shared cache • Up to 8 GB soldered DDR3 SDRAM with ECC • Up to 16 GB NAND Flash (soldered) • Dual on-board Expansion Sites: 2x PCI-X PMC and 1 x4, 1 x8 PCIe XMC • Front I/O: - 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports - 1x VGA - 1x USB - 1x COM port • Rear IO: - 2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (PICMG 2.16) - 1x VGA (2 ports possible if front IO not required) - 2x DVI - 3x SATA2 (3 Gb/s) ports - 2x COM ports - 4x USB ports - 13x GPIO - 2x PMC (64 I/O signals per site) • BIOS backup Flash • Optional on-board SATA HDD • Optional conduction cooling • Optional extended operating temperature range • Single slot 6U CPCI form factor • Operating system support for VxWorks and Linux
The CR12 Rugged CompactPCI Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the highly integrated Core i7 processor platform from Intel to provide rugged, high performance computing.
Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual core processing up to 2.53 GHz all in one device. Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM57 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the Core i7 processor
• Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power.
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
• Streaming SIMD extensions 4.1/4.2
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard IO features, the CR12 also offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, both of which offer PMC and XMC capability. Memory resources include up to 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 16 GB NAND Flash, optional SATA Hard drive, BIOS Flash and BIOS backup Flash.
The CR12 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications from industrial through to fully rugged Defense and Aerospace programs. It offers extended temperature capability and a range of air and conduction cooled build levels for optimum rugged computing.
GE Intelligent Platforms · Strategic Hardware Partner
Tove Valley Business Park
Old Tiffield Road
Towcester, Northants NN12 6PF
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.