XVR14 (GE Intelligent Platforms)
2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Based Rugged VME Single Board Computer
• Single slot 6U VME Single Board Computer • 2nd Generation Intel Core i7 dual and quad core processors • Integrated two channels up to 16 GB soldered DDR3 SDRAM with ECC • Up to 6 MB shared cache • Up to 8 GB NAND Flash (soldered) • Dual on-board Expansion Sites: two PCI-X PMC and two x8 PCIe XMC • Front I/O: -2x Gigabit Ethernet ports -1x VGA -1x USB port -1x COM port • Rear IO: -2x Gigabit Ethernet ports (VITA 31.1) -1x SDVO/VGA (2 ports possible if front IO not required) -2x DVI -Up to 4x SATA ports -2x COM ports -2x USB ports -1x Audio -12x GPIO -2x PCI-X PMC I/O -2x x8 PCIe XMC I/O • BIOS backup Flash • Optional on-board SATA HDD • Optional conduction cooling • Optional extended operating temperature range • Deployed Test Software • Real-Time OS support
The XVR14 Rugged Single Board Computer (SBC) from GE Intelligent Platforms features the high performance, highly integrated 2ndGeneration Core i7 processor platform from Intel. 2nd Generation Core i7 offers integrated graphics and memory controller plus dual- or quad-core processing up to 2.5 GHz all in one device. Coupled with the Mobile Intel QM67 Express Chipset this provides an unmatched level of I/O bandwidth for both on-board and off-board functions.
Features of the 2nd Gen. Core i7 processor
• Intel Intelligent Power Technology allows processors to operate at optimal frequency and power.
• Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) signal processing
- Intel's AVX doubles the vector register size from 128 to 256 bits for up to a 2x FLOP improvement
• Intelligent performance on-demand with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
• Multi-level shared cache improves performance and efficiency by reducing latency to frequently used data
• Hyper-Thread Technology – 2 threads per core
In addition to a comprehensive range of onboard I/O features, the XVR14 also offers two on-board mezzanine expansion sites for enhanced system flexibility, both of which offer PMC and XMC capability. Memory resources include up to 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8 GB NAND Flash, optional SATA hard drive, BIOS Flash and BIOS backup Flash.
The XVR14 is designed to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications from industrial through to fully rugged Defense and Aerospace programs. It offers extended temperature capability and a range of air and conduction cooled build levels.
A rich software choice is planned for the XVR14, including comprehensive Deployed Test Software (BIT and BCS) plus OS support for Wind River Linux and VxWorks.
GE Intelligent Platforms · Strategic Hardware Partner
Tove Valley Business Park
Old Tiffield Road
Towcester, Northants NN12 6PF
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.