Based on Trusted and Proven Virtualization Technology
Virtualization Profile for VxWorks® is based on Wind River® fielded and proven virtualization technology. It is part of our investment in multi-core technologies for safety and security across all verticals, from automation control to medical scanners to avionics control systems.
Built for Embedded Real-Time Applications
Virtualization Profile is high-performance and deterministic for the most demanding embedded real-time applications. The virtualization layer provides full control over how the hardware is configured, resulting in high-performance compute cycles and low overhead I/O access using the hardware virtualization accelerators available in today’s processors.
Optimized for Developer Productivity
Being fully integrated into VxWorks, the hypervisor utilizes standard VxWorks workflows to configure, build, develop, and debug. It uses the standard VxWorks board support package (BSP) and allows existing VxWorks users to rapidly evaluate new designs. Flexible configuration is conveniently available through an intuitive command line interface or through a powerful C-API.
- 64-bit hypervisor with support for 32- and 64-bit virtual machines
- Command-line and API-based configuration
- Connectivity through serial, USB, Ethernet, or other means
- Support for single or multi-core virtual machines
Device Virtualization Framework Through VirtIO
- Serial virtualization available
- Other devices on demand
Inter–Virtual Machine Communication
- High speed virtual TCP/IP network
- VxWorks 7 as well as earlier releases
- All VxWorks 7 profiles
- Wind River Linux
- Microsoft Windows
- Other operating systems can be validated on request
- Support for Intel® architecture with support for VT-x