Live Remote Delivery
Live Remote delivery is a flexible and cost-effective alternative to classroom training. Using collaborative technology, this instructor-led environment allows you to participate in live training events from anywhere you have an Internet connection. You receive the same content—taught by the same expert instructors—as in-person classes. Watch live demonstrations, listen to lectures, practice hands-on lab exercises, ask questions, and receive feedback just as you would in a conventional class, but with the following benefits:
- Save the trouble, expense, and time of traveling to a training site.
- Allow efficient collaboration and training of team members across multiple locations.
Most Wind River training courses and Wind River Mentoring are available for Live Remote delivery.
Live Remote Technical Requirements
- Operating system: We recommend Windows.
- Processor/RAM: There are no specific requirements because the processing for remote lab exercises occurs on the remote system.
- Browser: Most popular browsers are supported, including Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 1.5+, Safari, and Opera.
- Software: Use a browser that supports Java applets (Sun JRE 1.5). ActiveX is not supported for the lab exercises.
- Installation: You must have the ability to install software and plug-ins (i.e., Administrator or Power User rights).
- Internet: You will need a high-speed Internet connection (LAN, DSL, or cable).
Before Your Live Remote Class Begins
Five business days before the course starts, an email will be sent to each registered student identifying the required activities to be carried out before the class begins. If you do not receive it, or you lose your Live Remote class login, contact us at email@example.com.