The Foundation for Embedded Innovation in More Than 2 Billion Devices
VxWorks has been the industry-leading real-time operating systems (RTOS) for building embedded devices and systems for more than 30 years. Its rich functionality helps our customers deploy innovative products while lowering costs and shortening production cycles.
Built on an upgradeable, future-proof architecture, VxWorks helps you rapidly respond to changing market requirements, customer needs, and technology advancements.
VxWorks delivers a comprehensive set of security features to efficiently protect devices, data, and intellectual property in a connected world.
VxWorks is flexible enough to meet a wide range of memory footprint, functionality, and processing power requirements.
VxWorks provides a sophisticated real-time operating environment that helps reduce the costs, risks, and lead times required to create differentiated, certifiable systems.
VxWorks Combined with Advanced Capabilities to Meet Industry-Specific Requirements
VxWorks Plus enhances VxWorks with a broad suite of advanced middleware features and protocols that help address a host of specialized needs unique to specific industries, including aerospace and defense, industrial, medical, consumer, and networking.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol
- Secure Shell (SSH) protocol
- Cryptography Libraries
- Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) and Internet and Key Exchange (IKE)
- Hardware-based IPsec acceleration
- Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
- RADIUS and Diameter
- Wireless Security
- Time and Space Partitioning
- Web Services: HTTP, XML, and GSOAP
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Web Server
- MIBway for Web Server
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and RIP next generation (RIPng)
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Quality of Service (QoS)/Differentiated Services and (DiffServ)
- Socket Controller Area Network (SocketCAN)
User Interface and Graphics
- Open VG software-driven vector graphics stack
- OpenGL ES 2D and 3D graphics stack with Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) support
- User Interface (UI) render library for 2D interfaces
WIND RIVER MARKETPLACE
Extend the Functionality of VxWorks
Find, download, and test-drive software that helps you speed production and create innovative products more efficiently. These best-in-class software packages from our trusted partners are tested and validated for seamless interoperability with VxWorks.
Board Support Packages
Wind River offers the most extensive range of BSPs in the embedded software industry. Our close relationships with silicon vendors and hardware manufacturers help us create ready-to-use BSPs to streamline your development efforts.
Build Your Embedded Systems with the Industry’s Best Tools
For more than 30 years Wind River has been creating best-in-class tools for embedded software development. The world’s leading manufacturers and integrators use our tools to more quickly and efficiently build intelligent devices, systems, and networks for the Internet of Things.
- Wind River Workbench is an Eclipse-based integrated environment for monitoring and analyzing code for early detection of defects to increase the overall quality and reliability of your products.
- Wind River Diab Compiler helps boost application performance, reduce memory footprint, and produce high-quality, standards-compliant object code.
Explore our insights into embedded software development with RTOSes for secure and safety-critical applications in the industrial, aerospace, defense, transportation, and medical industries.
How the Internet of Things Is Helping the Earth
The development of IoT is opening up new possibilities for using technology to improve how we consume and manage Earth's resources.
Wind River Aerospace & Defense Solutions
Learn how Wind River helps aerospace and defense customers deliver next-generation intelligent systems.
Powering Unmanned Systems in Space, Air, Land, and Sea
Wind River provides the industry's most proven platforms for unmanned systems.
Level A Certification of Avionics COTS Hardware & Software
Industry experts will cover benefits of safety certification of COTS technology through GPU hardware certification, multicore processing, designing avionics graphical applications, and more.