Using Wind River® Simics, companies can adopt new approaches to the product development life cycle, yielding both dramatic reduction in project risks and development costs, and improvement to both product quality and engineering efficiency.
Benefits include the following:
- Reduce risks associated with new technologies such as multi-core.
- Reduce risks from hardware availability delays.
- Reduce risks associated with large, complex systems that are comprised of many different boards and are networked together.
- Reduce risks associated with products that contain mixed target architectures and target real-time operating systems.
- Reduce the scheduling risk of show-stopper bugs.
- Reduce the time it takes between iterations of hardware prototypes.
- Identify and fix critical system bugs sooner.
- Begin software development before the first hardware prototype is available, or even before hardware design is complete.
- Begin system integration before all components of the system are available.
- Reduce the time it takes to reproduce a bug and identify its source.
- Create a software ecosystem even before a physical product is available.
- Replace labs of equipment with virtual targets.
- Reduce the number of iterations of hardware prototypes that are needed.
- Reduce the number of hardware prototypes needed by staff.
- Reduce costs associated with shipping physical hardware between development teams.
- Reduce the time it takes to run regression tests by running them on multiple virtual platforms.
- Insert hardware faults to test for software robustness.
- Speed up or slow down virtual time to test for load-handling capabilities.
- Automate testing by using scripts.
- Easily maintain multiple customer configurations of the product to expedite troubleshooting and training.
- Ensure consistent hardware setups across an organization.
Improve Engineering Efficiency
- Find and fix bugs faster because you have complete control over your entire system.
- Become more productive with virtual target hardware on every engineer's desk.
- Optimize hardware/software co-development to produce higher quality systems in less time.
- Equip every engineer with the development platform, or even the full system.
- Reduce engineering friction from working with inconvenient physical hardware.
- Share models, checkpoint files, and projects with any Simics users, regardless of their Simics host configuration.
- Bypass limitations of physical hardware by having complete visibility and control of the virtual target.
- Reliably reproduce bugs at any location, at any point in time, on any host.
« Return to product page