Wind River® VxWorks® Cert Platform provides a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) platform for delivering safety critical applications that must be certified to the stringent requirements of RTCA DO-178 and EUROCAE ED-12, revisions B and C (“Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification”), IEC 61508, and other related software standards. With VxWorks Cert Platform, developers can take full advantage of technological advances in microprocessors that the VxWorks COTS real-time operating system (RTOS) enables, with the assurance that they will have a strong operating system foundation to meet the most demanding safety certification standards.
The platform is based on our industry-leading VxWorks 6.x operating system and backed by 30 years of safety critical software experience, a broad network of hardware and software partners, a world-class support organization, and a specialized professional services team.
- Proven, robust VxWorks application programming interface (API) with all primitives necessary to support a wide variety of avionics, industrial, and mission-critical applications
- Certified to RTCA DO-178, Level A on numerous projects
- Support for PowerPC, Intel®, and ARM architectures
- IEC 61508 SIL2/3 certification on numerous projects
- Optional certified Highly Reliable File System (DO-178, Level A)
- Optional Wind River Certified Network Stack (TCP/UDP/IPv4/Multicast, DO-178 Level A and IEC 61508 SIL3)
- Optional support for real-time processes (RTPs, on select versions)
- Wind River Workbench development suite
- Wind River GNU Compiler
- Wind River Compiler
- Wind River Workbench On-Chip Debugging
Learn more »
European Aeronautic Defense and Space (EADS) Company selected Wind River VxWorks 653 Platform to develop sophisticated control software for air-to-air fueling for a new military aircraft.
Wind River helped Eurocopter develop a state-of-the art product on time and attain DO-178B Level A safety certification.
Raytheon, a leader in commercial and defense electronics, built the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS) on VxWorks.
Learn more »
PowerPC Architecture Support
- PowerPC 603 architecture, PowerPC e300 core
- MPC8349 E Reference BSP
- PowerPC 604 architecture, MPC7447 core
- Curtiss-Wright SVME/DMV-183 BSP
- PowerPC 750
- Wind River SBC750GX Reference BSP
Intel Architecture Support
- Intel Core 2 Duo (single core)
- Intel IDP945 Reference BSP (945GME chipset)
- Kontron CP6016 BSP (5100 chipset)
- Intel Atom
- Portwell NANO-8044 Reference BSP with Z530
ARM Architecture Support
- ARM Cortex-A8 architecture, TI OMAP3530
- Mistral OMAP3530 EVM Reference BSP
- ARM Cortex-A9 architecture, ARM Cortex A9
- Versatile Express with CoreTile Express A9x4 (Cortex-A9, single core)
Wind River applauds the move toward open industry standards. Because we believe the world is changing too fast to lock our customers into proprietary technologies, we've built our solution on open standards, expertly integrated and intelligently applied. And Wind River doesn’t just embrace open standards; we're taking the lead in establishing them. We are affiliated with the following organizations:
- ARINC 653
- Open Group
- UVS International