- VxWorks® 653 RTOS: VxWorks 653 is the robust Wind River® operating system for controlling complex ARINC 653 integrated modular avionics (IMA) systems.
- Wind River Workbench development suite: Wind River VxWorks 653 Platform includes the Workbench development environment, based on the widely adopted Eclipse framework. Workbench provides deep capabilities that support the entire software design and development life cycle, from hardware bring-up via JTAG or other connection, to platform and application development, to test and deployment, and enables standardization on one common development suite across the enterprise. Workbench is extensible and scalable, allowing A&D suppliers to meet specific project needs, and it can seamlessly integrate hundreds of third-party plug-ins required for supporting the entire design flow for safety critical deployments.
- XML configuration tool suite: VxWorks 653 Platform includes an XML-based utility to configure all ARINC 653 run-time objects (partitions, ports, health monitoring, etc.). The platform also includes an XML-to-binary compiler qualified as a development tool under FAA 8110.49 guidelines. This qualified XML compiler ensures that tabular partition configuration data is generated in binary format correctly, and provides for independent development, testing, certification, and recertification of individual applications in an IMA system.
- DO-297/ED-124 supplier role support: VxWorks 653 Platform enables complete support of RTCA DO-297/EUROCAE ED-124 IMA Development Guidance and Certification Considerations. Our tools support the independent supplier roles of platform provider, system integrator, and applications developer, clearly defining the roles of each IMA supplier. This enables the reduction of initial development, integration, and certification time and cost, as well as the costs for change and maintenance later in the development process.
- IBLL support: VxWorks 653 Platform fully supports independent build, link, and load (IBLL). Independent build means you don’t need the source code of the entire system to build one piece of it, and it eliminates the demand to create a "system" project that builds all software modules in the system. Independent link means you don’t need the OS binaries to link an application. Independent load enables the loading, updating, or flashing of binaries to be done separately—a key capability of VxWorks 653 Platform and a key requirement of any IMA environment that needs to support multiple application groups or third-party hosted function suppliers, delivering software builds asynchronously.
- Wind River Certified Network Stack for VxWorks 653: This optional add-on product to VxWorks 653 Platform provides IPv4-based UDP, TCP, IGMPv1, and multi-cast networking capabilities. DO-178 Level A certification evidence is available for specific processors.
- DO-178 File System: This optional add-on product to VxWorks 653 Platform provides a power-fail-safe, transaction-based file system, with support for data volumes and hierarchical file organization, with access using standard I/O library APIs.
- DO-178 Levels A-D certification evidence: Wind River leads the aerospace industry by supplying the most complete RTCA DO-178/EUROCAE ED-12 certification evidence for VxWorks 653 Platform, including all required documentation and artifacts to support DO-178 Level A, B, C, and D certifications. Certification evidence is delivered as a complete package on DVD in a hyperlinked format for easy navigation and traceability, easing the time and expense required by certification authorities. This packaging of certification artifacts can also be used as a basis for IEC 61508, EN 50128, and FDA 510(k) device certifications, serving all industrial, transportation, and medical device class levels.
- Wide language support: VxWorks 653 Platform supports C, C++, Ada, and Java software development. The platform comes standard with C and C++. Wind River partners provide support for Ada and Java:
- Extensive partner ecosystem: To ensure a complete range of integrated technologies, Wind River has established the industry's widest-ranging partner ecosystem, joining forces with leading hardware and software providers to address such technologies as commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) boards, system modeling tools, control design tools, test tools, certification services, and platform simulation applications.
« Return to product page
« Return to product page