Differentiated Devices. Faster Time-to-Market.
VxWorks 7 together with Medical Profile for VxWorks offers a complete RTOS solution with compliance documentation, built from the ground up for medical device manufacturers so they can focus on bringing differentiated, rock-solid, IoT-ready solutions for their customers and obtain FDA and other regulatory approvals faster.
Technology Ecosystem for Best-of-Breed Platforms
VxWorks’ large ecosystem of complementary third-party hardware and software technologies enables customers to create differentiated best-of-breed platforms based on VxWorks and their choice of validated complementary hardware and software solutions.
The RTOS Foundation for Today and Tomorrow
The expandable, upgradable architecture of VxWorks 7 separates the core kernel from middleware, applications, and other packages, allowing bug fixes, upgrades, and new feature additions to be accomplished faster and without retesting or recertification of the entire system.
- Time and Space Partitioning Scheduler
- Wind River SSL Secure Sockets Layer protocol
- Wind River SSH Secure Shell protocol
- Wind River Cryptography Libraries
- Wind River IPsec and IKE Internet Protocol Security and Internet Key Exchange
- Wind River Wireless Security
- Wind River SocketCAN Socket Controller Area Network
- Wind River Web Services: HTTP, XML, and GSOAP
- Wind River SNMP Simple Network Management Protocol
- Wind River Web Server
- MIBway for Wind River Web Server MCE
User Interface and Graphics
- Open VG software-driven vector graphics stack
- OpenGL ES 2D and 3D graphics stack with graphics processing unit (GPU) support
- Tilcon user interface (UI) designer tool with graphical user interface (GUI) builder and software renderer
Expand the technological capabilities of your VxWorks with Medical Device Profile even further by leveraging the following compatible add-on profiles.
See how customers win with VxWorks.