Wind River® Flow Analysis Engine is a high performance, software-enabled deep packet inspection (DPI) and metadata extraction software solution used by telecom equipment manufacturers (TEMs) and solution vendors to embed state-of-the-art flow decoding technology into their applications. Flow Analysis Engine delivers complete visibility into network traffic in real time, including protocol and application classification and identification as well as the extraction of communication metadata.
This best-in-class DPI solution enables developers to inject application-level insight into their solutions. It delivers new levels of network intelligence and application value by going beyond traditional DPI extract protocol and application metadata, enabling a more detailed understanding of network transactions up to the application level. Network elements and security appliances of all kinds can benefit from the added application intelligence Flow Analysis Engine delivers.
- Policy control and charging (PCC)
- Quality of experience (QoE)
- Media gateways
- Security appliances such as next-generation firewalls and intrusion detection/protection systems
- Application delivery network and wireless infrastructure
- Service management
- High-performance protocol and application identification in IP flows using stateful inspection and heuristic analysis
- Comprehensive metadata extraction from protocols and applications
- Over 1,300 protocol and application plugins to classify flows and extract metadata
- Extraction of 6,000+ protocol and application metadata
- Custom protocol creator tool
- Integration with the leading multi-core processors for high-performance network applications
- Optimization to analyze in real-time traffic at 10, 40, 100 Gbps
- Out-of-the-box solution for DPI designed for resilience, reliability, and Robustness
- Pre-integration and optimization to run at maximum performance with the leading multi-core processors and software
- Comprehensive protocol and metadata extraction libraries and plugins
- Flexible configuration options make it easy to customize for unique embedded applications and the most stringent network applications
- Increase the value of any network application with designed-in deeper packet intelligence and advanced flow management.
- Reduce capital expense related to hardware maintenance and management by utilizing a software-enabled DPI solution.
- Better utilize key engineering resources for application development rather than protocol development.
- Minimize project risk by using a world-class out-of-the-box solution fully supported by the industry’s leading embedded software provider.
Supported Linux Distributions
- Optimized for Wind River Linux
- In-house Linux
Supported CPU Architectures
- IA/IA-32/ X86_64 Linux User Mode
- NetLogic XLR 7xx/RMI OS
- Cavium OCTEON 38xx/Simple Executive
- Cavium OCTEON 58xx/Simple Executive
- Cavium OCTEON II