On-demand entertainment. Productivity. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Wired and wireless broadband services. Surveillance. Home automation. All things networked converge in the home.
In the next-generation home gateway market, three things are certain:
- Demand for broadband devices and services will continue to escalate.
- Consumers will expect technologies to "just work" harmoniously out of the box.
- Margins will continue to shrink.
Wind River® Platform for Gateways, Residential Profile brings original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in this fast-evolving market the ease of configuration, manageability, and extensibility that consumers expect and operators must have to survive.
Built on Wind River Linux, Platform for Gateways, Residential Profile pre-integrates and validates all the key middleware OEMs need to rapidly prototype and produce highly differentiated smart-services gateways at competitive costs.
As a turnkey solution provider, Wind River chooses, integrates, manages, and supports key independent software vendor (ISV) technologies. We select, optimize, and test the open source packages needed to create a robust and extensible residential gateway. You can choose one or more middleware software components and customize the stack for your specific device. Wind River Platform for Gateways, Residential Profile provides a configuration profile to create a residential gateway software stack out of the box.
- Digital Living Network Alliance
- Java Virtual Machine
- OSGi Platform
Learn more »
The typical use case for Wind River Platform for Gateways, Residential Profile is a residential broadband gateway CPE connected to a broadband network. In this application, a gateway device routes many different services through one consolidated system.
Learn more »
- Pre-integrated, validated middleware stack, delivering essential gateway technologies (TR-069, DLNA, OSGi, home automation, and JVM)
- Support for all ISV technologies
- Simplifies vendor management, reduces R&D costs, reduces time-to-market
- Provides a single trusted source for complete “solution-level” customer and technical support
Learn more »
Linux has emerged as the platform of choice for residential gateways. But OEMs and operators need both the time-to-market savings and the business value of a commercial Linux solution.
See why some of the world's most successful businesses put their trust in Wind River Linux.