- Simultaneously debug up to 16 CPU cores and 32 physical threads visualized in a single contextual interface.
- Synchronized cross-core debug operations allow you to indentify difficult issues introduced with the complexity of a multi-core system.
Wind River® ICE 2 allows the user to resolve complex interactions among kernel, kernel modules, and applications. SMP systems can be represented by treating groups of cores as a single system, allowing TOS awareness, kernel, kernel module, and application debugging.
Virtualized System Bring-Up
Visibility into the hypervisor's object and virtual boards enables bring-up of a virtualized system with multiple guest operating systems.
Take Control of Your System
- Start, stop, and reset your target.
- Single step through code with a correlated source view.
- Set expression-based hardware and software conditional breakpoints.
- View and modify CPU core and peripheral registers with bit-level detail.
- View and modify RAM, cache, and non-volatile memory; supports memory management unit (MMU).
- Utilize board initialization and target register files provided for common device reference platforms.
- Validate address, data bus, and memory with advanced hardware diagnostics.
- Enable quick system setup with flash programming, for example by loading boot loader images into flash.
- Automate target initialization and download sequences with a command shell command-line interface (CLI).
High-Performance Hardware Debugger
- Ethernet interface for remote debugging
- Front-panel LCD to ease configuration and monitoring
- Target console port for viewing your target serial port remotely
- Support of up to 100MHz JTAG clock rates
- User-selectable signal drive strength
- Target adapter connector system
Highly Extensible Solution
- Support for a wide range of processors based on ARM, Intel®, MIPS, and PowerPC architectures.
- Eclipse-based development environment for integration with third-party and home-grown development tools.
- Centralized project-oriented environment to simplify workflow and ease handoff among different phases of development.
- Multi-JTAG connect unit for debugging redundant systems.*
Above and Beyond Board Bring-Up
- Target OS awareness provides kernel visibility for stabilization of the OS, kernel modules, and applications.
- It is integrated and validated to work with the latest versions of VxWorks®, Wind River Linux, and Wind River Hypervisor.
- A multi-JTAG connect unit simultaneously debugs up to four scan chains.*
- Auto-detection of Linux kernel allows for simplified configuration.
*Select processors only
« Return to JTAG page