Wind River to Showcase Internet of Things Technologies and Trends at Embedded World 2014
- Wind River to introduce its next-generation real-time operating system for the Internet of Things.
- Company presentations will cover real-time operating system trends, Internet of Things security, technologies for critical infrastructure, and virtualization.
- Visit Wind River at Hall 5, Booth 360.
ISMANING, Germany – February 13, 2014 – Wind River®, a world leader in embedded software for intelligent connected systems, will present and exhibit at Embedded World 2014 in Nuremberg, Germany. The company will focus on Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and trends and the associated opportunities and challenges. Presentations, product demonstrations and live customer applications at the Wind River booth, will widely reflect this theme.
Wind River presentations at Embedded World 2014 will address the following emerging trends and pertinent industry challenges:
- Applying Connectivity, Manageability, and Security to Critical Infrastructure: Wind River will cover how software development environments with pre-integrated, ready-to-use components such as device security, smart connectivity, rich network options, and device management can be used to secure, manage, and connect IoT gateways in the critical infrastructure market.
- VxWorks—The RTOS Enabling the Internet of Things: Wind River will discuss its VxWorks® real-time operating system (RTOS), which has been re-architected in response to changes in the embedded market landscape. The company will provide in-depth coverage of the product’s new features, which address IoT, machine-to-machine (M2M) applications, the cloud, and security.
- The Device Revolution: How Intelligence in Critical Devices is Transforming Business: Wind River will outline how developers of intelligent systems are realizing the potential of the Internet of Things by optimizing business intelligence with anywhere, anytime access to critical information. Industry use cases will provide insight into the impact on the supply/value chain and the ecosystem. The company will also highlight development considerations key to success, including securing these complex, connected devices that are often connected to public networking infrastructure from hacker attacks and breaches.
- Wind River Open Virtualization with Real-Time Performance:Wind River will examine how open virtualization technologies enable many applications and functions to run dedicated operating systems, and enable hardware to consolidate into one system. The company will also cover real-time virtualization using open source kernel virtualization machine technology to deliver extremely low latency with near native hardware performance, high throughput and virtual node management.
"The Internet of Things is a driving force that will significantly impact the embedded industry in the coming years, with the evolution of standalone embedded systems into massive networks of devices that deliver unprecedented amounts of data over the Internet," said Jim Douglas, chief marketing officer at Wind River. "Embedded World provides an ideal forum for the industry to come together to discuss this evolving embedded landscape, and we look forward to leading conversations around key industry topics that address this increasingly connected world."
Wind River will also be showcasing a wide range of demonstrations, including its RTOS and open source technologies, software platform for IoT, and solutions for the automotive market.
Embedded World is the biggest European exhibition on embedded systems. This annual summit is the meeting point of a whole industry, bringing together developers, manufacturers, distributors, and more. The Embedded World exhibition and conference focus on the latest trends and major current embedded technology topics, including innovations in hardware, software, and development tools for automotive, energy, telecommunication, military, medical, aerospace, industrial, and consumer electronics markets.
To learn more about how Wind River is addressing the opportunities and challenges created by the Internet of Things visit http://windriver.com/iot/.
About Wind River
Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel® Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded software for intelligent connected systems. The company has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981, and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River offers the industry's most comprehensive embedded software portfolio, supported by world-class global professional services and support and a broad partner ecosystem. Wind River delivers the technology and expertise that enables the innovation and deployment of safe, secure, and reliable intelligent systems. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com.
# # #
Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
+33 164 866 664
Director, Global Communications