Men Mikro Elektronik GmbHEmbedded Solutions - Rugged Computer Boards and Systems for Harsh, Mobile and Mission-Critical Environments.
Since its foundation in 1982 MEN Mikro Elektronik designs and manufactures failure-safe computer boards and systems for extreme environmental conditions in industrial and safety-critical embedded applications. With over 200 employees in Germany and subsidiaries in France and the USA we have an export share of about 50%.
Our products are used worldwide as control, measuring, test or simulation computers in all kinds of embedded applications. These are extremely safety-critical mobile markets like railway, buses, agricultural machines, commercial vehicles, avionics and shipbuilding as well as other mission-critical applications. Computer systems in such applications are in operation up to 24 hours every day and often need to be available for 10 years and longer. Ideally no failures must occur to avoid costly downtimes of machines or danger to human life.
We are certified to EN 9100:2003 (aerospace), IRIS (railway), ISO 9001:2000 (quality management) and ISO 14001:2005 (environmental management) in order to meet the severe quality requirements in critical applications and to offer our customers the highest quality in products and services while considering environmental protection and occupational safety on the basis of a recognized quality management system.
Our aim is to constantly improve and to provide the highest technology and innovation level. Our business ethics is determined by the principles of the United Nations' Global Compact Initiative (human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption).
Our standard product range of far more than 100 different computer boards comes with full VxWorks BSP and driver support for every single product. Standard computers are based on Intel® and PowerPC® architecture, comprise manifold I/O boards and completely configured systems based on:
* ESMexpress®, ESMiniTM and ESMTM Computer-On-Modules
* 3U and 6U CompactPCI®, CompactPCI® PlusIO, CompactPCI® Serial and VMEbus
* PMC, XMC and M-ModulesTM as system-independent mezzanine I/O standards
* Rugged Ethernet Switches
* Rugged Box Computers and Display Computers
The consistent use of FPGA technology gives us high flexibility when configuring customized and standard products.
In addition customized solutions make for more than half of our revenue.
For more details regarding MEN Mikro products that are interoperable with Wind River VxWorks - please follow one of the two links below:
Rugged Boards and Systems with VxWorks Support
DAL-A and SIL 4 certifiable solutions
- A19 - 6U VME 2eSST Intel® Core™ (2) Duo CPU Board
- A20 - 6U VME 2eSST Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU Board
- A602 - Triple-Redundant 6U VME64 PowerPC® CPU Board
- Computer-On-Modules (COM)
- F11S - 3U CompactPCI® Intel® Atom™ CPU Board
- F12N - 3U CompactPCI® MPC5200B CPU Board
- F14 - 3U CompactPCI®/Express Pentium® M CPU Board
- F15 - 3U CompactPCI®/Express Core Duo CPU Board
- F17 - 3U CompactPCI®/Express Core 2 Duo CPU Board
- F18 - 3U CompactPCI®/Express Core 2 Duo CPU Board
- F19P - 3U CompactPCI® PlusIO Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU Board
- F50C - Conduction Cooled 3U CompactPCI® MPC8548 CPU Board
- F50P - 3U CompactPCI® PlusIO MPC8548 CPU Board
- PMC, XMC and PC-MIP
- D602 - Triple-Redundant 6U CompactPCI® PowerPC® CPU Board
- 3U/6U CompactPCI (Serial) I/O boards
- A12B - 6U VMEbus MPC8245 CPU Board (M-Modules™)
- A14C - 6U VME64 MPC8540 CPU Board
- A15C - 6U VME64 MPC8245 CPU Board (PMC Modules)
- A17 - 6U VME 2eSST MPC8548 CPU Board
If you are interested in more information on how Wind River partners with this company, click here.